The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant Museum is excited to host your K-12 school group for a day of learning and fun. We can provide guided tours curated for your grade level, hands-on activities, and/or a custom STEAM experience based on Michigan Curriculum Standards and your needs. Special pricing is available for schools with free and reduced lunch eligibility.
Guided tour ($10 per student)
STEAM Field Trip ($10 per student)
- This is a guided tour of our museum catered to your grade level
- Approximately 1 to 1.5 hours or custom length
Virtual Programs ($2 per student)
- A STEAM program based on 6th grade Michigan curriculum standards with pre and post lesson materials, worksheets and hands-on activities
- Program begins with a short film followed by a tour of the museum (length as requested)
- Hands-on activity
- A seating area for lunches (not provided) may available for an additional fee
Too far away to visit the Museum? Book a tour guided live on Zoom using our 3D tour experience! Printable activities are available for your classroom.
We charge a $25 reservation fee to hold the date and time of your field trip. We do not offer refunds on reservation fees, and the charge is applied to your balance. Full payment is due 24 hours before your field trip. We ask this is handled through the teacher or coordinator. We ask a minimum of 48 hour notice in the event your group has to cancel.
We require the following number of chaperones per grade level:
Pre-K through 2: 1 adult per 5 students
Grades 3-6: 1 adult per 10 students
Middle School/High School: 1 adult per 20 students
We do not have an onsite cafeteria, but pending space available, may be able to accommodate your group for an additional charge. A refrigerator is available for bag lunches and there are several restaurants in close proximity that cater (pizza, etc.)
For more information call (313) 872-8759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org